Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Under the Mask (10/20/15)

That which was me was torn apart,
I lost who I was, right from the start.
I should have run, that night long ago,
I didn't know then, but, oh, now I know.
That my life was spiraling, going down,
Running on empty, then he came around.
He made me promises I needed to hear,
Not knowing then that he was never sincere.
The real him was hiding just under the mask,
I wasn't aware of the right questions to ask.
So right then and there I fell for it all,
Though it didn't take long for his mask to fall.
The lies, the cheating, the daily abuse,
"Words don't leave bruises," was my ready excuse.
But I finally woke up and realized the wrong,
I had stayed in the nightmare for far, far too long.
So I woke up one morning and walked out the door,
And I found the strength I had never had before.
I'm gathering my pieces day after day,
Never again will I give them away.

TLA 9/26/15-10/20/15

No comments:

Post a Comment